Chief Financial Officer
Share this role
- Money and Pensions Service
- Holborn, London
- Closing date:
- 26th October
- Job Ref:
Big Job – Bigger Opportunity – Lasting Legacy
Here at the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS), we believe a financially healthy nation is good for individuals, communities, businesses and the economy. As the largest single funder of free debt advice in England we helped almost 1.26 million people with debt advice, money guidance and pension guidance in the 2019/20 financial year. We’re looking for people who have the right skills, knowledge and behaviours for the job, but equally as important is a strong commitment to our objectives, values and vision.
As Chief Financial Officer you will be responsible for the professional leadership of finance, commercial and wider corporate issues across the Money & Pensions Service. This encompasses responsibility for finance, procurement, commercial expertise, market development, estates & facilities management and health & safety within the organisation, alongside a broader strategic leadership role as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
A qualified accountant, you will bring a track record of leading a multi-disciplined finance function at director level with a focus on instilling a keen commercial mindset to drive best value in an organisation. Whilst experience within the public sector is desirable, you will certainly bring a demonstrable ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including HM Treasury and government ministers. A collaborative and inclusive leader, you will evidence developing and implementing strategy and transformational change within an organisation, with a particular focus on building a culture of mutual trust. You will demonstrate an unwavering focus on the consumer, in particular those who are most vulnerable, and work well with colleagues to build relationships at all levels based on shared ambition and mutual trust. You will bring not just capability, but a clear sense of a strong value set in line with an organisation that champions inclusion, diversity, collaboration and successful delivery.
To find out more about this great opportunity and discover the type of legacy you can leave, please contact Sarah Cripps on 0113 416 6773 or Matt Malone on 07471 037070 at GatenbySanderson for a confidential discussion.
How to Apply
To apply for this post you will need to submit the following documentation by Monday 26th October 2020
- A CV (no longer than two pages) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements;
- A statement of suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the essential criteria set out in the person specification;
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, this form will appear online during the application process. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your application in any way.
If relevant, please also submit:
- A completed Guaranteed Interview Scheme Form for disabled persons if applying under this scheme.
Please note the above highlighted documents are mandatory.