Risk, Compliance and Assurance Director
Share this role
- Money and Pensions Service
- Holborn, London
- Closing date:
- 26th October
- Job Ref:
Big Job – Bigger Opportunity – Lasting Legacy
Here at the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS), we believe a financially healthy nation is good for individuals, communities, businesses and the economy. As the largest single funder of free debt advice in England we helped almost 1.26 million people with debt advice, money guidance and pension guidance in the 2019/20 financial year. We’re looking for people who have the right skills, knowledge and behaviours for the job, but equally as important is a strong commitment to our objectives, values and vision.
As Risk, Compliance and Assurance Director you will be responsible for building strong foundations and embedding the disciplines of risk, compliance and assurance across the organisation. You will lead, develop and manage the people, policies and processes to provide visibility, assurance and effective management of risk, audit and compliance, alongside a broader strategic leadership role as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
A collaborative and inclusive leader, you will bring a track record of leading a risk function in a comparably complex, highly regulated, commercially focused environment. You will evidence developing and implementing strategy and best practice across risk, compliance and assurance alongside a close working relationship with senior finance leaders to embed the practice of robust risk management at all levels. You will be comfortable operating at the most senior levels of an organisation and with a diverse set of external stakeholders, as well as an unwavering focus on the consumer, in particular those who are most vulnerable.
To find out more about this great opportunity and discover the type of legacy you can leave, please contact Sarah Cripps on 0113 416 6773 or Matt Malone on 07471 037070 at GatenbySanderson for a confidential discussion.
How to Apply
To apply for this post you will need to submit the following documentation by Monday 26th October 2020
- A CV (no longer than two pages) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements;
- A statement of suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the essential criteria set out in the person specification;
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, this form will appear online during the application process. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your application in any way.
If relevant, please also submit:
- A completed Guaranteed Interview Scheme Form for disabled persons if applying under this scheme.
Please note the above highlighted documents are mandatory.